Creamy Pumpkin Pasta With Mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Racconto chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Racconto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2lb Fairytale Pumpkin (can be substituted with 2 cups can pumpkin puree)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Racconto grated romano cheese
- 8oz mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 lb Racconnto Penne Rigate
- Clean pumpkin from seeds, skin it, and cut it in cubes about ½”.
- In pan with thick bottom pour ¼ cap of water, put pumpkin cubes, cover, and cook on low flame till get soft. Mash cooked pumpkin with potato masher or in blander.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and 2 teaspoon of garlic in 2 tablespoon of butter, over medium heat, until soft, not brown.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, broth, creams and seasonings to taste.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In separate skillet saute sliced mushrooms with ½ teaspoon of garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoon of olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and stir into pumpkin, simmering 2-3 minutes more until thick.
- Stir in parsley, mushrooms, and romano cheese. Cook for another minute.
- Serve worm garnished with romano cheese and more parsley