- 3 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Loafs of Italian Baguettes (sliced 1/2)
- 1/2 cup sliced Basil
- 12 slices of Mozzarella
- Racconto EVOO
- Racconto Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Pour 1 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, then turn the heat to medium. Cover the sauce pan and bring the vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and remove the lid. Allowto simmer uncovered until it has reduced by about half, which takes about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool. As it cools, the glaze will thicken.
- Toast your bread in the oven at 400 until bread is golden. (2-3 minutes)
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into thin slices.
- Top crusted bread with equal number of tomato slices and mozzarella & top with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Garnish with basil slices and salt & pepper.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: About 4