Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Bell peppers
- 3 Cups Cooked Rice (use frozen brown rice for a weeknight shortcut)
- 1 Pound cooked Italian sausage
- 1 Cup Racconto Pizza Sauce with Sausage
- 4 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Ounces Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Racconto Grated Racconto Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Racconto Giardiniera (hot or mild)
- As rice cooks, preheat oven to 400 degrees / grill to medium high heat. Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds and ribs. Generously salt and roast in oven or top rack of the grill (cut side down) for 15-20 minutes or until soft. (This is your opportunity to cook sausage if needed).
As peppers roast and rice cooks, heat large saute pan over medium high heat. Saute mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, or until just brown. Add in crushed garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
As you wait for everything to finish, chop parsley. Once rice/peppers are cooked, in large bowl combine rice, spinach, mushrooms, sausage, cheese, and pizza sauce. Stir to combine, then add mixture into cooked peppers, topping with a bit more cheese and Giardiniera.
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 40 minutes