Zesty & Creamy Vodka Sauce
- 1 can Racconto Crushed Tomatoes
- Heavy Pour of Racconto olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1lb Racconto Spaghetti
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- Racconto Grated Parmesan Cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add lemon slices and garlic, sauté until just starting to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove lemons. Remove the pan from the stovetop and add the vodka and half of the crushed tomatoes. Return the pan to medium heat and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the tomatoes, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese until completely melted and mixed thoroughly.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook until al dente according to the package directions. Drain well. Return pasta to the large pot, and stir in tomato mixture until pasta is completely coated with the sauce. Top with lemon juice, grated cheese and serve immediately.
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes