- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500 gram Racconto potato gnocchi (1 package)
- 4 ounces watercress, tough stems removed, coarsely chopped (6 cups packed) *Did you know that watercress, is ranked number one on the US Centers for Disease Control’s Powerhouse Fruits and Vegetables list
- 1/3 cup Racconto grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Cook pancetta in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes are almost completely broken down, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt. Remove from the heat.
- Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float, 2 to 3 minutes or according to package directions. Place watercress in a colander and drain the gnocchi over the watercress, wilting it slightly. Add the gnocchi and watercress to the sauce in the pan; toss to combine. Serve immediately, with Parmesan.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Start to Finish: 30 mins